Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Well.... Its been awhile!!! But A LOT has been going on!!!


A lot of things have happened in the past 6 months or so!!! We were living in Holladay and my nanny job was about to be up. So we had to make a decision whether to stay in our same apartment and pay a lot of money, move somewhere else where rent was cheaper, or buy a house.

I was looking on KSL in the house department, and kept seeing this one house. It was the only house for sale in our price range that was actually a house and not a condo or townhouse. But it was a bank owned property and the only picture it had was the front of the house, and it was pretty rough looking. So I called the realtor for the exact address so I could drive by and see it. So he gave me the address and the code for the lock box so I could see inside without having him meet me out there.

When I got to the house, it was pretty rough looking. I walked inside and I was afraid to touch anything. The pictures say enough....


The master bedroom (with beautiful sports wall paper)


Looking from the living room (with salmon pink paint and no carpet throughout the whole house)



The dining room (also with no flooring)


The Living room (the front window is cracked all the way down)


The Kitchen (the dark spot is mold. Ya the whole kitchen floor needed to be ripped out and replaced due to mold under the sink and all over the floor.)




The back yard- (for some reason I didn't take a picture of the front of the house)

The bathroom-( this was the nicest part of the whole house)


The other half of the back yard

The other bedroom up stairs- (more sports wall paper)

After seeing this house, I thought wow this sure is a fixer-upper, and I really wanted Devin to see it. It was a 3 bed 1 1/2 bath, 1 car garage with a dining room. It also had a fenced back yard and it wasn't a condo or town house, So I really wanted him to see it.

I called him as I was leaving and told him that I wanted him to see this house tonight, and I would get him from work. So we met our Realtor over there and to my surprise Devin didn't think it was too bad. I was so excited. Right away we started talking about carpet colors, paint, tile etc.

We had our Realtor put an offer down for us, which was a pretty reasonable offer and we waited. And waited and waited. The wait is what kills you.

Well we didn't hear anything. They never got back to us. So we decided to move on. We continued looking and found a few more townhouses that were short sales and we put offers down. I think we put 4 or 5 other offers on different places and we either never heard anything or they counter offered and we decided to not go with it.

Well while we were waiting to hear from one of them, our Realtor called us back and said that the first home we put an offer on, had just dropped the price to what we had offered about a month prior. We decided to offer the same thing and them pay closing.

Well with in 48 hours we got a letter saying they had accepted our offer and we were to close in about 4 weeks. We were so excited. Oh my goodness! So we started getting everything ready, doing inspections, meth tests, and getting bids for things we need to get done to make it live- able.

So we did. And we closed. And now we live there!!! and we LOVE it!!!! Here are some pictures of what it looks like now!!!

Our new House in West Jordan UT

The living room..New Paint and new carpet

This used to be the blue room.....Not any more!!!
The kitchen.... New tile and paint and appliances



Our new front window!!!


Used to be the red room....
My first flower garden!!!


There are still some things that we need to do, it is far from being done. But we love it. We have met our neighbors and we have a park right in the back yard just through the fence. And Carter LOVES that!!!!!!


8 comments:

GWarner said...

SO CUTE!! Good job guys!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Congratulations you homeowners! The house looks awesome. I'm on a blog kick again so we'll be in touch! Hope all is well. Love your new place!

Becky Thompson said...

Andrea, your new house is wonderful! You've done a great job on the "renovation"--it's quite beautiful! It's always good when you can see the "potential" and create something beautiful just for yourselves! Good job!!! Enjoy your home---I know you will.

Kate said...

It looks great!!! Congrats!

Johny and Sarah said...

Wow, you got a lot done since I was there last! I see the piano is in place! Love it! I need to come by and visit again. Talk to you soon!

Lindsay said...

That is so exciting! You guys did a wonderful job, I love your flower garden.... if only we weren't stuck in an apartment I'm Rexburg! :-)

Melissa said...

How fun!! I can't wait until we get to move into a house :) We'll have to come see you guys next time we are in Utah, what fun!

KELLI said...

wow! that is so exciting for you guys! i can't wait to have a home of our own. it looks great.