Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A tribute to my long lost friend...

This has been one of the saddest days of my life... I have lost a very very good friend. He has always been there for me. For the past seven years he has been by side through everything. My lonely trips Home to Colorado- he made them more interesting. My move from apartment to apartment... he was there by myside. When I was married, he was the first to congradulate me. When I had Carter, he was my number one fan. Though I have not always treated him as my best friend, he never thought twice. He loved me for who I am. I hope he knows how much I appreciate all he has done for me. And now that he is in heaven, He can smile down on us. I love you Hercules. Some may know him as Tyler. For those of you that don't know... He was my little Goldfish.
Here is the story of how we met...

About 5 years ago, my Friend Gretchen and her roommates all bought the 13 cent goldfish from wal-mart, and had a competition to see who could keep theirs alive the longest. Well all of Gretch's roommates fish died within the week. But as you can see, Gretchens didn't. He lived for a long while afterward. And so Gretchen gave him to me, and I have had him ever since.

He has gone through so much. He used to be gold, but when I went to Russia, my mom was fish sitting, and out a little to much water cleaner in it, and when I came home, He was White. wow. And I thought maybe he died and they bought me another one. But they told me they didn't.

He has been frozen in his water, and has gone about 6 weeks without food. And he survived. Hince the name Hercules. I don't have a picture of him, but he was a wonderful fish and friend.

3 comments:

Toast Habit said...

OK...I had no idea you still had him!!!! Holy cow! And you kept his name...which makes it even stranger.

Anonymous said...

i cant believe i didnt know he died. i though herculues was invincible along with the other super-hero powerers he had, sorry for your loss, but i will always watch over you now, as i know hercules did :) love ya!

country/ash said...

i had no idea about the loss of hercules. i am so sorry. our dear friend did survive so many weather/food changes which practically made him a super-hero. oh, how we love and will miss hercules. love ya!